Chinese Language Teachers Association of California (CLTAC)
2022 Spring Conference
Call for Proposals
The Chinese Language Teachers Association of California (CLTAC) will host the Spring Conference virtually on Saturday, March 5th, 2022. The Organizing Committee invites submission of proposals for individual presentations (20 minutes plus discussions) or panel discussions (60 minutes). We welcome proposals in all areas of Chinese language teaching at multiple levels and in different settings, including, but not limited to, Chinese linguistics, pedagogical grammar, second language acquisition, standard-based instruction, proficiency- and performance-based assessments, thematic unit lesson planning, curricular development, reading and writing literacy development, remote learning, technology applications, AP Chinese, teaching cultures, heritage students, study abroad, teacher training, language immersion, and classroom management strategies, etc.
Proposal submission deadline: Friday, February 4, 2022
Notification of proposal status: Friday, February 18, 2022
Registration deadline: Thursday, March 3, 2022
Conference date: Saturday, March 5, 2022
Patrick Lin, Defense Language Institute
Phyllis Ni Zhang, George Washington University
1) Send a one-page proposal of no more than 350 words in English, or 500 characters in Chinese as an email attachment in MS-Word format to CLTAC Conferences at <email@example.com>.
2) In the subject line of the email, type "CLTAC 2022 Spring Conference Proposal". In the body of the email, provide the following information:
3) Do NOT include your name or institutional affiliation in the proposal.
4) Only one single-authored abstract from each person will be considered.
5) All proposals will be reviewed anonymously.
6) Presenters must be current members of CLTAC. Please visit https://www.clta-ca.org/join-cltac.html for more information about membership.
7) We will be soliciting PDF handouts or presentations from presenters after the conference and post them on the conference website with permission.
CLTAC BEST PRESENTATION AWARD
All presentations by K-12 instructors will be automatically considered for the CLTAC Best Presentation Award. The number of awards given out each year will be based on the pool, but also at the discretion of the CLTAC Award Committee. The selection is based on both content and style of presentation. Each winner receives a certificate and a purse of $100.
The conference is open to both members and non-members of CLTAC. It is free for life members and current CLTAC members. For non-members, a registration fee of $ 20 dollars is required. Members of other foreign language teaching organizations will receive a discount. Current members of the following organizations will pay a discounted registration fee of $10:
Fill out the Registration Form or scan the QR code (see flyers below) to register.
All inquiries about the CLTAC 2022 Spring Conference should be sent to:
Please add note (including your school name and membership full name) before you submit your payment.https://forms.gle/DJXWtSAcZcSHUg7FA